What We Believe, Teach, and Live
The Westminster Standards comprised of the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter catechisms, though not inerrant nor infallible, are the purest human summary of Biblical truth. For a more comprehensive understanding of the Biblical truth that we believe, read the Westminster Standards.
Here is an abbreviated statement of faith that helps define what we believe at True Community Fellowship.
- Scripture – We believe the Bible is the Word of God, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. We seek to faithfully proclaim the Bible as the infallible and authoritative rule in all matters of faith and practice.
- God – We believe in the God of the Bible who is revealed to us as the Holy Trinity. There is one God, in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit who are co-eternal, equal in power and glory, and worthy of our adoration and worship.
- Sin – We believe that, in Adam’s first sin, all mankind sinned. In addition, we have all confirmed and compounded that original sin by our own. Therefore, all mankind are sinners and totally powerless to save ourselves from God’s righteous wrath, except by His mercy and grace.
- Salvation – We believe that, in His mercy and grace, God chose lost sinners from every nation for salvation. To these, God bestows the gift of faith in Jesus Christ and that, by this faith, we are made righteous before God.
- Jesus – We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God who, though He was without sin, out of love for us and obedience to the will of the Father, took upon Himself the full burden of our sins. He suffered the wrath of God in our place. He suffered and died on the cross and, after three days, He rose again. All who place their faith in Jesus as their only hope of salvation will receive forgiveness for sin and eternal life in His name.
- Holy Spirit – We believe that, by the ministry of the Holy Spirit, sinners are made alive, come to faith in Jesus Christ, are adopted as sons and daughters of God, are enabled more and more to die unto sin and live unto righteousness in this life, and will persevere in grace until the day of our glorification.
- The Glory of God – We believe that the purpose for all mankind is to glorify God with every aspect of our lives. Only under the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the ministry of the Holy Spirit at work in us, are we able to glorify God in this life.
- Second Coming – We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive his people to himself. At that time, Jesus will fulfill the eternal redemptive plan of God by renewing all things and bringing an end to sin and its consequences.